OUTintheOPEN Festival Shepparton
OUTintheOPEN is Shepparton’s festival celebrating pride and community diversity.
OUTintheOPEN was developed to address some of the inequalities faced by the local gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer (GLBTIQ) & allied communities and to build a more inclusive community in Greater Shepparton.
OUTintheOPEN is a project led by Goulburn Valley Pride Inc. and is proudly supported by many other organisations and community groups, including:
• The Bridge Youth Service
• headspace Shepparton
• Kildonan UnitingCare
• PFLAG (Parents, Family members & Friends of Lesbian & Gay people) Greater Shepparton
• Diversity Group (same-sex attracted & sex and gender diverse young person’s social-support group)
• Goulburn Valley Health
• Primary Care Connect
• Centre for Excellence in Rural Sexual Health (CERSH)
• Relationships Australia Victoria
• Goulburn Valley Primary Care Partnership
• Greater Shepparton City Council
• Goulburn North East Women’s Health
• Goulburn Valley Hotel
• La Trobe University
• Victoria Police
• Word and Mouth
• WayOut – Cobaw
The festival generally consists of a health/wellbeing forum(s) at Goulburn Valley Hotel function rooms and a Carnival day on the first weekend in November at the Queens Gardens. Numerous other events occur during the weekend across the City of Greater Shepparton.