Fri 3 Nov | Supporting Trans & Gender Diverse Children, Young People & Their Families – FREE Seminar (GOTAFE)
SUPPORTING TRANS & GENDER DIVERSE CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE & THEIR FAMILIES – FREE SEMINAR
Venue: GOTAFE (152 – 200 Fryers Street, Shepparton, 3630)
Seminar: 9.30am – 2.00pm
Cost: FREE (includes morning tea and lunch)
Calling all health professionals, community organisations, youth workers, school teachers, welfare workers, the homelessness & housing sector, mental health practitioners, sexual assault services, AOD workers, LGBTI community members and their allies.
Join us for this training session/forum – guest speakers/topics to include:
Starlady – Zoe Belle Gender Centre (ZBGC)
Karyn & Meagan – Parents of Gender-Diverse Children (PGDC)
About the seminar
This seminar aims to develop individual practitioner and organisational capacity to provide accessible and inclusive services for trans and gender diverse children, young people and their families. Participants will be provided with the opportunity to learn about a range of different topics, with the second session focusing on early childhood settings, including:
– experiences of trans & gender diverse children, young people & their families;
– inclusive language;
– experiences and impacts of discrimination;
– gender affirmation and healthcare pathways;
– rights and responsibilities;
– service access and inclusive practice initiatives; and
– navigating questions and responses from parents.
Facebook event here.