OUTintheOPEN Festival Shepparton
OUTintheOPEN is Shepparton’s festival celebrating LGBTIQA+ pride and community diversity.
OUTintheOPEN was developed to address some of the inequalities faced by the local lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex plus gender/sexuality diverse (LGBTI+) communities and to build a more inclusive community in Greater Shepparton.
OUTintheOPEN is a project led by Goulburn Valley Pride Inc. and is proudly supported by many other organisations and community groups, including:
• headspace Shepparton
• Uniting Kildonan Shepparton
• PFLAG Greater Shepparton (Parents, Family members & Friends of Lesbian & Gay people)
• Diversity Group (same-sex attracted & sex and gender diverse young person’s social-support group)
• Goulburn Valley Health
• Primary Care Connect
• Centre for Excellence in Rural Sexual Health (CERSH)
• Relationships Australia Victoria
• Goulburn Valley Primary Care Partnership
• Greater Shepparton City Council
• Goulburn North East Women’s Health
• Goulburn Valley Hotel
• La Trobe University
• Victoria Police
• Word and Mouth
• WayOut – Cobaw
• The Bridge Youth Service
The festival generally consists of a health/wellbeing forum(s) in Shepparton’s CBD and a Carnival day on the first weekend in November at the Queens Gardens. Numerous other events occur during the weekend across the City of Greater Shepparton.