Keen to give back to your community? Please complete and return this form (coming soon) to us if you’d like to lend a hand – we want you!
Thanks for your interest in OUTintheOPEN Festival and your commitment to our volunteer program. OUTintheOPEN Festival is a volunteer fueled organisation that simply couldn’t operate without the passionate and committed contribution from individuals within our community. Each and every volunteer is an ambassador for OUTintheOPEN Festival: enthusiastic, friendly, helpful and professional at all times.
OUTintheOPEN Festival is looking for Volunteers for 2019.
OUTintheOPEN Festival 2019 will run from (dates TBC), so come join the party!
Because the festival contains such diverse events, it requires a very broad range of volunteer roles. We encourage you to volunteer within areas that are of interest to you. Some of the main areas in which volunteer assistance is needed are the following:
* Carnival Day: our BIG picnic-party in the Queen’s Gardens.
* Technical / Production Assistance: to help co-ordinate and run events.
* Evaluations / Surveys: we have roles for volunteers to either conduct surveys or to assist in collecting and collating the results.
* Team Leaders: mature, responsible volunteers are needed to co-ordinate the many different teams of volunteers.
* Door / Gate duties: at some events volunteers are needed to usher and collect tickets.
* Information services: at some events, particularly Carnival, volunteers are needed to provide information to the public. However, all volunteers will be called upon by the public to answer queries – we will do our utmost to empower you to be able to answer, or appropriately redirect, such queries.
* Office Support: volunteers are sought to assist in the OUTintheOPEN Festival office within working hours – basic computer skills are useful, but not mandatory for this.
* Special Activities: there will periodically be ad-hoc needs for volunteers, for example to assist with mailout and packaging activities.
NOTE: There will be opportunities throughout the year to volunteer too, such as movie fundraisers, sausage sizzles and more!
Please rest assured that if you have a particular skill that isn’t mentioned above, you can almost certainly be of assistance to us! On the other hand, if you think that you don’t possess any relevant skills, you’re probably grossly underestimating just how useful you can be.
Being a volunteer with OUTintheOPEN Festival is not just about what you can give, but it’s about the experience for you too. As a OUTintheOPEN Festival volunteer you will:
* Meet a heap of new people and make new friends
* Learn new skills and talents
* Be treated with respect and appreciation
* Be adequately briefed and communicated with regularly
* Feel a sense of pride and achievement through your contribution to our community
* Enjoy social interaction with a diverse network of like-minded individuals
* Learn more about OUTintheOPEN Festival and our community’s cultural history
* Score a free festival pen and thank you certificate (and occasional free pizza!)
* Receive invitations to social functions and special events
* A whole lot more…
If you have even a small amount of time each week or every fortnight and would like to get involved already, we would love to hear from you. Alternatively, if you would like to be involved throughout Festival time, there’s no harm in registering early!
Register Now! (coming soon)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and we’ll give you a buzz. Mail (or email) application form to PO Box 851, Shepparton, 3632.
Participate last year and want to give us feedback? Great! Thank you. Do it here.